A Financial Plan To End
Your Fears and Worries About Money.
Focus on the significant events in your life without worrying about your finances
Throughout life, most people experience several significant events, or “life events.” Emotions surrounding these types of events might vary, but each should cause us to examine our financial future and ensure we’re making the best decisions possible for ourselves, and our families.
Your Story is Unique
Roy Matlock Jr. & Associates are here to help you plan ahead for life special events and ensure that you experience the best possible outcome in every life situation. Each client’s story is different. We can help you create a customized individual plan to manage your own circumstances.
The Power of Good Financial Decisions
When you work with Roy Matlock Jr. & Associates, you’ll be able to make better choices because we make sure you’re well-informed. Let us help you to build an understanding of, and an action plan for, the various challenges and opportunities you’re likely to face in the years to come. Take a look through this section to start thinking about how to prepare for each of the events below. Then call a Roy Matlock Jr. & Associates representative to get started.
Every phase of life can have its unique challenges, and a lot of those are financial. Your circumstances and needs will change over time. Those changes can be different and complicated in their own way. You might be trying to decide on the best housing option, or creating a college plan for your kids to have the best education, or preparing for your parents’ care in their later years.
Common Life Changes
- Starting a Career: You’re finally ready to start off on your own career path after years of preparation. Making wise financial decisions at this point is essential to setting yourself up for a lifetime of success and independence.
- Getting Married: Lots of financial decisions are ahead, once you tie the knot. After the wedding is when good communication about money is most important, in order to build solidarity throughout your lives together.
- Purchasing a Home: Home ownership continues to be a very smart investment, which proves true over time. The key element of purchasing a new home is committing to buying something you can truly afford.
- Expanding Your Family: One of the most incredible, and life-changing events is adding members to your family. The sooner you begin planning for the financial impact of your growing family, the more prepared you’ll be when it happens.
- Planning for College: It’s never too soon or too late to start planning for your children’s college education. Adopting a savings plan right away, will give you more options in building that nest egg to pay for college.
- Transitioning Jobs: Deciding to take a new job or change careers can be scary and a very difficult choice. The factors that should be taken into account before making this decision are numerous, and most have the potential to impact your personal finances.
- Planning for Retirement: There’s more to planning for retirement than making sure you have enough money. Equally important to the financial aspect is determining your retirement goals and how you will meet them.
- Leaving a Legacy: Determining what happens to your estate (the sum of all the things you own) after your death should be something everyone considers as they plan for the future.