A Financial Plan To End
Your Fears and Worries About Money.
The Home Stretch
You’re in the final stretch. If you’re in the last 5-10 years leading up to your retirement, this is the most critical time to ensure that you’re on track and meeting your goals.
How Can You Benefit From Roy Matlock Jr. & Associates Expert Advice?
We believe anyone can be a successful investor by following some basic principles. But even if you’ve been investing solo for decades, think about whether you might benefit from advice as you begin planning for retirement. During this time, you’ll be making some very important decisions that could make or break your retirement timeline.
What You Need to Know and We Can Teach You...
- Set a realistic retirement date- It’s not a simple question to answer, but running some numbers will give you a good idea about where you stand.
- Learn how medical care might affect your expenses- Many of your day-to-day expenses in retirement will be similar to those you have currently. But one expense you’ll have to think about is your medical insurance.
- Learn how Social Security timing will affect your income- You can start collecting Social Security payments at age 62, but that’s not the whole story. See how a variety of options and strategies could affect your retirement income.
- Make a plan to pay off your debt- You may decide to retire before all your debt—for example, your mortgage—is paid off, and that’s okay. Just make sure you understand the implications and have a plan to pay it off.
- Keep your plan on track- As you get closer to retiring, make sure you’re doing everything you can to set your savings up for success.